ISBA was started a decade ago (2004), by a small motley crowd of Science & Technology Entrepreneur Parks and Technology Business Incubators that were established under the umbrella of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. Today it has grown to a membership base of 70+ organisations that are into entrepreneurship development and incubation.
ISBA is registered as a not-for-profit Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860. Its main objective is “To promote business incubation activities in the country through exchange of information, sharing of experience, and other networking assistance among Indian Business Incubators (TBIs), Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Parks (STEPs) and other related organizations engaged in the promotion of start-up enterprises.”
- ISBA Startup Enabler Training Series – 23 to 27 January 2017
- XI ISBA Conference, 10 – 11 September 2016 at Pune
- Action Plan for Startup India – Govt. of India
- Guidelines- Recommendation of Startups by Incubators (As per Startup India Action Plan of Govt. of India)
- Good Incubation in India – NESTA & DfID